Anticipate the benefits before you start your digital transformation
Before anticipating the benefits of digital transformation on your company, you must start by conducting a global study of the business including:
- Industry analysis: Summarize the company's line of business and its ecosystem.
- Company structure: Summarize the company's history, current number of employees, and primary focus.
- Operational processes: List the company's operational processes (the tasks that are at the heart of the company and that keep it in business).
- Sales processes: Summarize the company's sales processes (the steps that lead to customer payment).
- Inventory management:Summarize the company's product or service inventory and add reports and statistics used by the company to measure inventory and orders.
- Order management: Describe the company's management processes for product orders and reservations.
- Supplier management: Describe the company's suppliers' information collection process and structure.
- Invoice and payment management: Describe how the company manages its invoicing and makes payments.
- Company's value proposition: Summarize the goal, priorities and competitive advantages.
An overview of the company's activity
- Market research:Identify the market and its evolution, the actors, the demand and behavior of your target and the project's environment.
- SWOT: Create a table with the company's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities andThreats.
- Competition analysis: Identify your direct and indirect competitors, their strengths and weaknesses as well as their strategy, and determine how you can stand out.
- Business model: Identify the company's positioning, structural costs, short, medium and long term objectives as well as the means necessary to achieve the objectives, and conduct a financial study.
Key knowledge on information systems and information technology
- Technological infrastructure: Introduce the company's current technological level.
- Applications used: Introduce the systems and softwares currently used.
- Security and Privacy Compliance Practices: Describe the company's security and privacy processes.
- People and technology partners: Introduce the company's partners and mention what they are partners in (digital transformation, product sales, etc.).
- Integration between information systems: Present the existing relationships between the systems and softwares used by the company and explain them briefly.
Once you have analyzed your entire business environment, you can assess your company's level in terms of the digital transformation process. The previous study will be used to create a strategic and budgetary plan that will include:
A software recommendation
Make a list of the types of softwares that will be used to develop certain practices in your business. If you want to deal with professionals, Tooly will recommend, without charge, the most appropriate softwares for your situationfrom among 15,000 SAAS softwares, based on 75 business parameters.
A timeline for completion
Create a roadmap that describes the duration of each step of your project. There are several softwares that allow you to create roadmaps, but our experts recommend the use of Jira.
Here is an example:
Table of costs
This is the final step before you actually start your digital transformation. Determine if you have the internal skills to carry out the integrations and process evolutions or to create your website. If not, select an agency that will be able to support and advise you. The table will include all your priorities as well as the number of hours needed to complete the project, the taxes and the total cost of your digital transformation.
When you do business with Tooly, you have the experience that ensures you get a successful digital transformation, quickly and affordably, thanks toour free grant-seeking guidance.
Analyze the benefits after a successful digital transformation
After implementing new softwares, optimizing processes or developing your online presence, it is important to interpret the evolution of your business data. There are several tools that allow you to create dashboards of data from your social networks, your website and your advertising campaigns. With this information, it will be very easy to visualize the evolution of your online activityin real time.
On the other hand, it is more difficult to identify results on productivity, time savings of certain automated tasks or better working conditions of your employees. You need to gather all your accounting, performance and human resources data in a single software suite. You will then have access to the evolution of your sales, the customer and employee loyalty, the increase of your revenues, the improvement of your efficiency on each project, etc.
For the analysis of your entire business environment, our teams generally recommend the integration of the Zoho One software suite. It is chracterized by:
- Flexibility: a better customization of interfaces, fields, modules and workflows.
- Simple automations and scalability: if you want to evolve your digital transformation, this suite gives you the ability to create simple automations without knowing how to code and customize the software to fit your changing strategies.
- Centralization and structuring of information in a single environment.
- Integration with many third-party applications.
- Ease of use and a pleasant interface: reduce your training expenses thanks to a lower resistance to change from your employees.
- Great documentation available on the web to avoid depending on digital transition firms in the long run.